Jussie Smollett: Suspects held over attack on actor released
Chicago police have released two men arrested in connection with an alleged attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett.
The US TV star needed hospital treatment last month after .
A police spokesperson said on Friday the men were released without charge and were no longer being classified as suspects.
Jussie Smollett said he'd been "forever changed" by the alleged attack, which took place on 29 January.
The 36-year-old actor has said two white men hurling racial and homophobic insults punched him, poured a chemical substance over him, and put a rope around his neck.
Earlier, , and said Mr Smollett continued to be treated as a victim, not a suspect.
Who are the men arrested?
Two men, Nigerian brothers, were arrested in connection with the incident on Wednesday.
They had worked as Empire extras, sometimes going to the gym with the actor, their lawyer said.
They had been picked up at Chicago's O'Hare airport, returning from a trip to Nigeria, their lawyer told US media.